FP Journe Chronometre Bleu - why are you the new Nautilus or Royal Oak?

Morning gents,

is anyone capable of explaining why is the FP Journe Chronometre Bleu:

https://www.fpjourne.com/en/collection/classique-collection/chronometre-bleu

the new Nautilus/Royal Oak? Check this out:

@paxtaru @thebutcher @theexaltedone

1 Like

To be honest, when I saw this piece with Nautilus together, I liked this more. As far as actual work on the dial, the movement, and case, I feel like this piece has more value than the Natuilus or steel AP for that matter. The case material is a more expensive metal (both material and process), the dial feels more complex and luxurious than Nautilus, and the movement finishing is on par if not better (depends on your personal view)… the only thing it doesn’t have going for it is a metal bracelet at the same quality of the timepiece.

As far as used market price, I could never figure out why people would pay 50K for Nautilus, let alone this piece. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It features tantalum case and gold movement.
Perhaps, it is just my guessing, such a high craftsmanship (for a three-hander) paired to extremely low production volumes has helped the price list skyrocket.

Professional traders/investors did the rest :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I assume that the most of the increase is only a “rebound” driven by a sudden demand increase probably due to unavailability of PP, RO and to the crazy prices requested today to buy a “simple” Rolex Daytona/GMT out of the official channel (where those watches are not available for everyone).

As far as I know FPJ cannot produce big volumes and if you increase sales by (only as example not real figures) 500pc out of 1k pcs production you have +50% in demand, your 1k pcs become not enough to cover a market that is pulling more volumes than planned. Add, again for example, a number of VIPs falling in love with this watch… and here you have the price increase: if you want it you pay it.

Note: I do not have any idea regarding FPJ sales figures but the above example does not sound too strange to me.

2 Likes

Horbiter Media Group 2020